Wednesday, February 3, 2010

FAWM Update I

Not much progress so far on FAWM; just a couple of tracks begun and nowhere near finished. Still lots to do, hours and hours of mixing and editing.

Anything that makes my life, vis-a-vis music production, easier is, by definition, awesome. I'd like to share a couple of resources that I've found very helpful:

Freesound is a huge online interactive community where people and/or possibly cyborgs come together to share and find sound samples. Whether it's a mellow atmospheric pad to back your composition, or just a really cool sound, such as an old school ringing phone, you can find it at freesound.org.

Digifish is an Australian site with sound samples so shockingly good I'm surprised that the Australian government hasn't shut it down yet. Just make sure to get permission before using their sounds in your compositions (it's super easy, even I could do it - just shoot them an email).

Best of luck to everyone in their endeavors this month!


----------------
Listening to: Mogwai - Like Herod
via FoxyTunes

No comments: