Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Two poems

Poetry...meh, I'm not much for poetry, but every once in a while something jumps into my head and I go ahead and write it down.  Here are a couple of examples.

BLOOD MOON

The moon
fat and august
red like Mars
fat face of an angry god
lumbering over the dark horizon

Bouyant
lifted maybe by Sisyphus
up towards the wide
stretched out stars
of Orion

Drifting imperceptibly higher
less pronounced
so bright now I feel
the shadow's imprint
leaking running
behind me

I want that monstrous globe
to come down now
to roll across
this vacant landscape
nothing but dreams of ghosts
to mow me down where
I stand legs
sorrow-swollen
like tree trunks stuck there

And now a small white
circle almost perfect
hangs in the sky
to light now for gravity
looks like it would fit
in my mouth



ER PARKING LOT

Ancient blacktop, crumbling
due to age,
oil stains, debris, I'd imagine blood
and tears and salt
and among these
glinting sunlight, sharp reflecting
clouds big in the windy sky
shards of urn, a broken serous neck,
the open mouth of a green glass vase
the flowers, though, are gone


Listening to: Munich - Editors

No comments: